- 100g almonds, raw or dry roasted no added salt or sugar
- 100g of soybeans (a bit less than half a can)
- 80-90ml of liquid from can of soybeans: this is ultra healthy. (It contains all the nutrients that are lost from the beans into the water during pressure cooking in the can.)
- 2 teaspoon Natvia™ (adjust to taste)
- 15g skim milk powder (optional for creamier non-vegan version) Low Fat & Sugar Free
Place all ingredients except the almonds in a blender/food processor and gradually add liquid until desired consistency is reached. This keeps in the fridge for at least 2 weeks.
Process almonds until like almond meal/ medium-fine ground coffee.
Add all remaining ingredients except the liquid.
Process whilst gradually adding liquid until desired consistency is reached.
If you make too runny, add more almonds or soy beans or skim milk powder.
If mix too dry, add more liquid from soybeans or extra milk/nondairy alternative.
MAKES 30g JAR
“Commercially available nut butters can be as much as 80% fat.
This version is less than 20% fat but with the same or greater protein content.
Best of all it tastes delicious. So indulge guilt free.”