- 2 ¼ cups self raising flour (or mix of wholemeal and white for healthier version).
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or mixed spice
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts, pepitas and sunflower seeds, plus extra for decoration
- ½ cup Natvia™
- 1 cup mashed overripe banana
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup Natvia™ Sugarfree Vanilla or Natvia™ sugarfree strawberry yoghurt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (canola is best)
- Extra Natvia™ Sugarfree Vanilla or Natvia™ sugarfree strawberry yoghurt or ricotta cheese for serving
Preheat oven to 180?C conventional (moderate).
Blend/whip egg and Natvia™ in a food processor. Add the mashed banana and yoghurt, blend/whip then add the oil. Gradually add the flour, spices and Bicarbonate of Soda then stir through the walnuts and seeds. Pour mixture into a loaf tin (nonstick or lined with baking paper).
Sprinkle extra walnuts and seeds over the top and bake in oven for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Leave in tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a cake rack to cool.
Serve warm or toasted, spread with yoghurt or ricotta and fruit (berries are great or use extra banana slices). Sprinkle with extra cinnamon if desired.
MAKES 1 LOAF